CUT KNURLING Cutting
There are two of knurling process cut knurling and form knurling. Each of these oprocesses has its own particular areas of application with associated advantages and disadvantages
- Maximum precision and surface quality.
- Can be use for knurling thin materials without deformation
- Saves time on account of higher cutting speed and feed rate.
- Compatible with virtually any material, including cast iron and plastic.
- Knurling to workpiece flange possible to limited extent only.
- Cutting process protects the expensive lathe
- No or minimal changes to the external workpiece diameter
- Minimal pressure on workpiece and lathe
- Negligible surface compression
|STRAIGHT KNURL RAA||SPIRAL KNUR RBL AND RBR||CROSS KNURL RKE
crossed at 45° to workpiece axis
crossed at 30° to workpiece axis